Sandro: “I no longer like my job.”
Leonardo: “Why? What’s wrong with you? Or with it?”
Sandro: “It has become harder than ever. I no longer feel myself at ease.”
Leonardo:” Is it really hard work?”
When your job becomes more difficult than you can handle, you need to find an answer to this question:
‘Have you done something to make it easier?’
A difficult job means one or all of the following:
- Time is not enough to perform all the tasks,
- It requires a lot of energy,
- You lack creativity,
- A chronic disease may put your health at risk while performing it,
- That job requires more than one person to do,
- You waste energy outside work,
- And, especially, you lack the skills that make it easier.
Do not think that your peers in other departments:
- Have easier jobs,
- Have more free time than you do,
- Are happier with their jobs than you are,
- Are better paid than you are,
- Their bosses give them less work.
Theirs maybe harder, but they just do not have time to complain. They may also be better prepared for it. YES! I like the question you raise:
How to be better prepared for your job?
In order to:
You need to:
- See how your peers perform their jobs,
- Understand that evolution is unavoidable,
- Meet people doing the same job in other companies, and countries,
- Take Excel and software courses,
- Ask your company to purchase you a software license for your tasks,
- Learn the techniques & technology used in your company & industry,
- Ask for more training.
A lot of people believe that the work they do is hard, while the truth is not that. You need to pay closer attention to the above, to get a better idea about how your relationship with work in general is.